- Children -- Legal status, laws, etc. -- Great Britain.
- Children's rights -- Great Britain
- Cambridge University Press,
- 0521698014 (pbk.)
- 9780521698016 (pbk.)
people who borrowed this, also borrowed:
- Previous ed.: 2003.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Part I. Theoretical Perspectives and International Sources: 1. Theoretical perspectives; 2. International children's rights; Part II. Promoting Consultation and Decision-Making: 3. Adolescent autonomy and parents; 4. Leaving home, rights to support and emancipation; 5. Adolescent decision-making and health care; 6. Promoting consultation and decision-making in schools; 7. Children's involvement in family proceedings - rights to representation; 8. Children in court - their welfare, wishes and feelings; Part III. Children's Rights and Parents' Powers: 9. Children's rights versus family privacy - physical punishment and financial support; 10. Parents' decisions and children's health rights; 11. Educational rights for children in minority groups; 12. Educational rights for children with disabilities; 13. Children's right to know their parents - the significance of the blood tie; 14. Children's right to know and be brought up by their parents; 15. An abused child's right to state protection; 16. Right to protection in state care and to state accountability; 17. The right of abused children to protection by the criminal law; 18. Protecting the rights of young offenders; 19. Conclusion - themes and the way ahead; Appendix I: UN Convention on the Rights of the Child; Appendix II: Human Rights Act 1998.
University of Huddersfield Library Catalogue