- Circuit courts -- England -- History.
- Cambridge University Press,
- Cambridge studies in English legal history
- 0521076749 (pbk.) :
- 9780521076746 (pbk.)
people who borrowed this, also borrowed:
- Originally published: 1972.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Part I. The Streams of Paradise: 1. The medieval roots; 2. The English circuits 1558-1714; 3. Preparation for the circuits; Part II. Assizes and Gaol Delivery: 4. Preliminary proceedings; 5. The clerk of assize and his staff; 6. Criminal proceedings; 7. Nisi Arius; Part III. The Planets of the Kingdom: 8. Assizes and local government; 9. Assizes and politics.
University of Huddersfield Library Catalogue