- People with disabilities -- Care -- Great Britain.
- People with disabilities -- Abuse of -- Prevention.
- Paraprofessionals in social service -- In-service training -- Great Britain.
- Knowledge and skills for social care workers series
- 184310928X (pbk.) :
- 9781843109280 (pbk.)
people who borrowed this, also borrowed:
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Introduction. Chapter 1. Prevention and Protection. Chapter 2. Needs and Preferences. Chapter 3. The Principles of Care. Chapter 4. Making Choices. Chapter 5. Who is a Vulnerable Adult? Chapter 6. What is Abuse? Chapter 7. Notifiable Incidents [Data from CSCI]. Chapter 8. Factors that May Make Abuse More Likely to Occur. Chapter 9. Different Types of Abuse. Chapter 10. Power. Chapter 11. In What Circumstances May Abuse Occur. Chapter 12. Providing Opportunities to Share Concerns. Chapter 13. Responding and Reporting Concerns. Chapter14. Barriers to Reporting Concerns. Chapter 15. Self-Harm. Questions to Test Your Knowledge. True and False Exercises. Self-Assessment Tool. Certificate. References. Useful Websites.
University of Huddersfield Library Catalogue