- Haerpfer, Christian W., 1952-
- Democratization -- History -- 20th century.
- Democratization -- History -- 21st century.
- 0199233020 (pbk.) :
- 9780199233021 (pbk.)
people who borrowed this, also borrowed:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- 1. Introduction; THEORETICAL AND HISTORICAL PERSPECTIVES; 2. Democratic and Undemocratic States; 3. Measuring Democracy and Democratization; 4. Long Waves and Conjunctures of Democratization; 5. The Global Wave of Democratization; 6. Theories of Democratization; CAUSES AND DIMENSIONS OF DEMOCRATIZATION; 7. The International Context; 8. Democracy, Business and the Economy; 9. Political Culture, Mass Beliefs and Value Change; 10. Gender and Democratization; 11. Social Capital and Civil Society; ACTORS AND INSTITUTIONS; 12. Social Movements, Trade Unions and Advocacy Networks; 13. Conventional Citizen Participation; 14. Political Parties; 15. Electoral Systems and Institutional Design in New Democracies; 16. The Media; 17. Failed Democratization; REGIONS OF DEMOCRATIZATION; 18. Southern Europe; 19. Latin America; 20. Post-Communist Europe and Post-Soviet Russia; 21. The Middle East and North Africa; 22. Sub-Saharan Africa; 23. East Asia; 24. Conclusions and Outlook: The Future of Democratization
University of Huddersfield Library Catalogue