- Arnold, Elizabeth.
- Boggs, Kathleen Underman.
- Nurse and patient
- Interpersonal communication
- Interpersonal Relations
- Nurse-Patient relations
- 1416029133 (pbk.) :
- 9781416029137 (pbk.) :
people who borrowed this, also borrowed:
- Previous ed.: St. Louis, Mo.: Saunders, 2003.
- Text on inside covers.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Part I. Conceptual Foundations of Nurse-Client Relationships 1. Theoretical Perspectives and Contemporary Issues 2. Professional Guides to Action in Interpersonal Relationships 3. Clinical Judgment: Applying Critical Thinking and Ethical Decision Making 4. Self-Concept in the Nurse-Client Relationship Part II. The Nurse-Client Relationship 5. Structuring the Relationship 6. Bridges and Barriers in the Therapeutic Relationship 7. Role Relationship Patterns 8. Life's Losses and Endings and the Nurse-Client Relationship Part III. Therapeutic Communication 9. Communication Styles 10. Developing Therapeutic Communication Skills in the Nurse-Client Relationship 11. Intercultural Communication 12. Communicating in Groups 13. Communicating with Families 14. Resolving Conflict Between Nurse and Client 15. Health Promotion and Client Learning Needs 16. Health Teaching in the Nurse-Client Relationship Part IV. Responding to Special Needs 17. Communicating with Clients Experiencing Communication Deficits 18. Communicating with Children 19. Communicating with Older Adults 20. Communicating with Clients in Stressful Situations 21. Communicating with Clients in Crisis Part V. Professional Issues 22. Communicating with Other Health Professionals 23. Documentation in the Age of the Electronic Health Record-NEW! 24. Communicating in the Age of eHealth Technology-NEW! Glossary Index
University of Huddersfield Library Catalogue