- Psychology -- Experiments
- Report writing
- Psychometrics -- Research -- Evaluation.
- Open guides to psychology
- 0335221785 (pbk.) :
- 9780335221783 (pbk.)
people who borrowed this, also borrowed:
- Previous ed.: Buckingham: Open University Press, 2002.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Preface To students How to use this book To tutors Part 1: Writing reports 1 Getting started 2 The INTRODUCTION Section 3 The METHOD Section 4 The RESULTS Section 5 The DISCUSSION Section 6 The TITLE and ABSTRACT 7 REFERENCES and APPENDICES 8 Producing the final version of the report Check list for report writing What the marker's looking for Mistakes to avoid Part 2: Design and statistics 9 Experiments, correlation and description 10 Basic experimental design 11 Statistics: significance testing 12 Statistics: effect size and power 13 More advanced experimental design Commentary Recommended reading Appendix 1 Confusing predictions from the null hypothesis with those from the experimental hypothesis Appendix 2 Randomizing Appendix 3 How to use tables of critical values of inferential statistics Answers to SAQs Answers to diagnostic questions References Index of Concepts
University of Huddersfield Library Catalogue