- Social workers -- Legal status, laws, etc. -- England
- Social work with older people -- Law and legislation -- England.
- Social legislation -- England.
- Good practice in health, social care, and criminal justice
- 1843109379 (pbk.)
- 9781843109372 (pbk.)
people who borrowed this, also borrowed:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction. Jacki Pritchard, Independent Social Worker, JP Limited.1. A Review of Relevant Legislation in Adult Protection . Simon Leslie, Solicitor, Berkshire Joint Legal Team and Jacki Pritchard. 2. Scottish Legislative Framework for Supporting and Protecting Adults. Kathryn Mackay, University of Stirling 3. How Police Investigate Crimes against Vulnerable Adults. Anonymous 4. Criminal Justice and Vulnerable Adults: Who Does What? Kathryn Stone, Chief Executive, Voice UK.5. Confidentiality and Information-Sharing. Simon Leslie 6. The Vulnerable Adult and The Mental Capacity Act 2005. David Hewitt, Weightmans Solicitors 7. Capacity and Financial Abuse. Penny Letts, Policy Consultant and Trainer. 8. The Role of Advocacy and the Independent Mental Capacity Advocate (IMCA) in Adult Protection Work. Rob Harris, Advocacy Experience. 9. Being an IMCA: Experiences in Adult Protection Work. Teresa Gorczynska, Advocacy Partners. 10. The Commission for Social Care Inspection's Legal Powers: What it Can and Cannot Do. Adrian Hughes, Commission for Social Care Inspection 11. My Use of the Law in Protecting Vulnerable Adults: From Police Officer to Chief Executive of a Care Provider. Steve Kirkpatrick, formerly Thames Valley Police. 12. Reflexions on Practice. Introduction - Abuse, Harm and Justice. Jacki Pritchard. (I) Is There an Inevitable Tension Between the Investigation of Child Abuse and Adult Abuse Which is Detrimental to Both? Glyn Hughes, Lincolnshire Police. (II) A View from Wales: Communication, Mental Health Issues and Assessing Capacity. Alan Carter, North Wales Police. (III) Vulnerable Adult Abuse: The Legal Framework. Anonymous, Co-ordinator for the Protection of Vulnerable Adults. (IV) The Safeguarding Team Interface with the Law and the Legal Framework. Peter Sadler, Lincolnshire County Council. (V) The Lawyer and Case Conferences. Anonymous, Local Authority Lawyer. (VI) 10 Years of 'Witness Support, Preparation and Profiling': The Investigations Support Unit, Liverpool City Council. Mark Pathak and Geraldine Monaghan, Liverpool City Council. (VII) Honour Based Violence and Forced Marriage. District Judge Marilyn Mornington. List of Contributors. Subject index. Author index.
University of Huddersfield Library Catalogue