- Delgado, Richard.
- Stefancic, Jean.
- United States.
- United States -- Race relations.
- 1566395313 : (cloth : alk. paper)
- 9781566395311 : (cloth : alk. paper)
- 1566395321 (paper : alk. paper)
- 9781566395328 (paper : alk. paper)
people who borrowed this, also borrowed:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. ) and index.
- Acknowledgments Introduction Part I: How Whites See Themselves 1. The End of the Great White Male John R. Graham 2. White Racial Formation: Into the Twenty-First Century Charles A. Gallagher 3. The Skin We're In Christopher Wills 4. The Way of the WASP Richard Brookkiser 5. Hiring Quotas for White Males Only Eric Foner 6. Innocence and Affirmative Action Thomas Ross 7. Doing the White Male Kvetch (A Pale Imitation of a Rag) Calvin Trillin 8. Growing Up White in America? Bonnie Kae Grover 9. Growing Up (What) in America? Jerald N. Marrs 10. White Images of Black Slaves (Is What We See in Others Sometimes a Reflection of What We Find in Ourselves?) George Fredrickson Synopses of Other Important Works From the Editors: Issues and Comments Suggested Readings Part II: How Whites See Others 11. The White Race Is Shrinking: Perceptions of Race in Canada and Some Speculations on the Political Economy of Race Classification Doug Daniels 12. Ignoble Savages Dinesh D'Souza 13. Darkness Made Visible: Law, Metaphor, and the Racial Self D. Marvin Jones 14. Playing in the Dark: Whiteness and the Literary Imagination Toni Morrison 15. Transparently White Subjective Decisionmaking: Fashioning a Legal Remedy Barbara J. Flagg 16. The Rhetorical Tapestry of Race Thomas Ross 17. Imposition Richard Delgado and Jean Stefancic 18. Racial Reflections: Dialogues in the Direction of Liberation Derrick A. Bell, Tracy Higgins, and Sung-Hee Suh, Editors 19. The Tower of Babel Eleanor Marie Brown 20. The Quest for Freedom in the Post-Brown South: Desegregation and White Self-Interest Davison M. Douglas 21. "Soulmaning": Using Race for Political and Economic Gain Luther Wright, Jr. 22. Dysconscious Racism: Ideology, Identity, and Miseducation Joyce E. King Synopses of Other Important Works From the Editors: Issues and Comments Suggested Readings Part III: Whiteness: History's Role 23. Race and Manifest Destiny: The Origins of American Racial Anglo-Saxonism Reginald Horsman 24. The Invention of Race: Rereading White Over Black James Campbell and James Oakes 25. "Only the Law Would Rule between Us": Antimiscegenation, the Moral Economy of Dependency, and the Debate over Rights after the Civil War Emily Field Van Tassel 26. The Antidemocratic Power of Whiteness Kathleen Neal Cleaver 27. Who's Black, Who's White, and Who Cares Luther Wright, Jr. 28. Images of the Outsider in American Law and Culture Richard Delgado and Jean Stefancic 29. Back to the Future with The Bell Curve: Jim Crow, Slavery, and G Jacqueline Jones 30. The Genetic Tie Dorothy E. Roberts Synopses of Other Important Works From the Editors: Issues and Comments Suggested Readings Part IV: Whiteness: Law's Role 31. White Law and Lawyers: The Case of Surrogate Motherhood Peter Halewood 32. Social Science and Segregation before Brown Herbert Hovenkamp 33. Mexican-Americans and Whiteness George A. Martinez 34. Race and the Core Curriculum in Legal Education Frances Lee Ansley 35. The Transparency Phenomenon, Race-Neutral Decisionmaking, and Discriminatory Intent Barbara J . Flagg 36. Toward a Black Legal Scholarship: Race and Original Understandings Jerome McCristal Culp, Jr. 37. Identity Notes, Part One: Playing in the Light Adrienne D. Davis 38. The Constitutional Ghetto Robert L. Hayman, Jr., and Nancy Levit Synopses of Other Important Works From the Editors: Issues and Comments Suggested Readings Part V: Witeness: Culture's Role 39. Do You Know This Man? Daniel Zalewski 40. The Curse of Ham D. Marvin Jones 41. Los Olvidados: On the Making of Invisible People Juan F. Perea 42. White Innocence, Black Abstraction Thomas Ross 43. Race and the Dominant Gaze: Narratives of Law and Inequality in Popular Film Margaret M. Russell 44. Residential Segregation and White Privilege Martha R. Mahoney 45. Mules, Madonnas, Babies, Bathwater: Racial Imagery and Stereotypes Linda L. Ammons 46. The Other Pleasures: Th
University of Huddersfield Library Catalogue