- Gothic revival (Literature) -- Great Britain
- Gothic revival (Literature) -- United States
- English literature -- 18th century -- History and criticism.
- English literature -- 19th century -- History and criticism.
- American literature -- 18th century -- History and criticism.
- American literature -- 19th century -- History and criticism
- Edinburgh University Press,
- Edinburgh critical guides to literature
- 0748623698 (hbk.)
- 9780748623693 (hbk.)
- 0748623701 (pbk.)
- 9780748623709 (pbk.)
people who borrowed this, also borrowed:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction; Gothic Histories; Reading the Gothic; Burke; Freud; Chapter 1: The Gothic Heyday, 1760-1820; Defining the Gothic: Otranto; Radcliffe and Lewis; American Gothic; Reading Frankenstein; Chapter 2: The Gothic, 1820-1865; Gothic Mutations: Poetry; Edgar Allan Poe and the American Gothic; Gothic Mutations: Prose; Reading Jane Eyre; Chapter 3: Gothic Proximities, 1865-1900; Hidden Identities: Ghosts; Gothic Doubles; Race and History: Post-bellum Gothic; Reading Dracula; Chapter 4: Twentieth Century; The Ghost Story as the End of Gothic?; Radio and Film; Contemporary Fiction: Postmodern Gothic?; Reading The Silence of Lambs; Conclusion; Student Resources; Sample Essay; Commentary; Glossary; Guide to Further Reading; Index.
University of Huddersfield Library Catalogue