- Cognitive therapy
- Chronic diseases -- Psychological aspects.
- Chronically ill -- Rehabilitation.
- Terminally ill -- Psychology
- Stress (Psychology) -- Prevention
- 0470517077 (pbk.) :
- 9780470517079 (pbk.) :
people who borrowed this, also borrowed:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction.PART 1. THE WORKBOOK: THE COGNITIVE BEHAVIOURAL APPROACH.Chapter 1: What is the Cognitive Behavioural Approach?Chapter 2: The Relevance of the CBT Model in Cancer and Palliative Care.Chapter 3: Does Cognitive Behaviour Therapy Work? The evidence base.Chapter 4: Communication Skills in Health Care.Chapter 5: Cognitive Behavioural Communication Skills.Chapter 6: Guided Discovery: The Socratic Method.Chapter 7: Assessment.Chapter 8: Formulation.Chapter 9: Deciding on a course of action: Part 1.Chapter 10: Goal Setting and the Step-by-Step Process.Chapter 11: The Practicalities of Setting Goals.Chapter 12: Bringing About Change.Chapter 13: Methods of Behaviour Change.Chapter 14: Methods of Cognitive Change.Chapter 15: Challenging Unhelpful Thoughts.Chapter 16: Managing Emotions and Unpleasant Physical Sensations.Chapter 17: Deciding on a course of action: Part 2.Chapter 18: Applying a cognitive behavioural approach to clinical practice.PART 2. THE ISSUES: SOME PSYCHOLOGICAL PROBLEMS.How to use this part of the book.Altered body image.Anger.Avoidance.Denial.Fatigue.Fear of the future.Inactivity.Indecisiveness.Intrusive/Distressing Thoughts.Lack of motivation.Loss of pleasure or ability to enjoy things.Low mood.Low self esteem.Negative Outlook.Pain.Panic attacks.Special Note: Safety Behaviours.Physical tension.Poor concentration.Problem solving difficulties.Setbacks.Sleep difficulties.Unassertiveness.Worrying.PART 3. THE TOOLKIT: CBT METHODS IN PRACTICE.Section 1: Techniques.Activity Monitoring.Assertiveness skills.Attention Strategies.Basic Counselling Skills.Behavioural Rehearsal.Breathing control.Challenging Unhelpful Thoughts.Denial: Strategies For Encouraging Acceptance.Denial: Strategies For Engaging The Patient.Denial: Strategies For Reducing Distressing Thoughts.Denial: Suggestions For Questions To Ask.Effective Communication Skills.Emotional expression.Fifteen Ways To Get Out Of Mental Traps.Graded Activities.Listening Skills.Mental Distraction.Mindfulness.Pacing.Psycho-Education.Purposeful Planning.Relaxation Exercises.Respectfulness Skills.Socratic Questioning.Stimulus control.Weighing the Pros and Cons.Section 2: Information Sheets.Altered body image: Factors affecting it.Antidotes to bad days.Assertiveness Model.Assertiveness Rights.Assertiveness Techniques.Avoiding relapsing into bad old habits.Change: Bringing it about.Change: The Desire for it.Coping with setbacks 1: Physical Health Setbacks.Coping with setbacks 2: Mental Attitude Setbacks.Denial: Advantages and Disadvantages.Denial Differentiated.Expressive Writing.Goal Setting and the Step-by-Step Approach.Goal Setting: Examples.Goal Setting Questions.Mental Traps.Mental Traps: Examining the evidence.Mental Traps: Examples Of How To Get Out Of Them.Mindfulness Attitudes.Mindfulness Exercises.Mindfulness Ideas.Pacing.Pacing Examples.Reactions of Other People.Relaxation: Mental Exercise.Relaxation: Muscle Exercise.Relaxed Breathing Exercise.Serenity Prayer.Sharing and Mixing with Other People.SMART Guidelines.Socratic Questioning Examples.Stress: Its effects.Stress Response.Vicious Cycle Model of Anxious Avoidance.Vicious Cycle Model of Anxious Preoccupation.Vicious Cycle Model of Hopelessness-Helplessness.Section 3: Record forms.Achievements and Pleasures Record Form.Action Plan for Denial.Activity Schedule.Assertiveness Record Form.CBT Diary.Daily Record of Mood.Denial: Assessing its costs and benefits.Denial: Example of Pros and Cons Assessment.Event-Action-Outcome Record Form.Event-Emotion-Thought Analysis Form.Example of Event-Emotion-Thought Analysis Form.Goal Planning: Step-By-Step Record.Pacing Record Form.Thought Record.Your Ideas For Goals.Reflective Diary Forms.Problem.Technique.Information Sheet/Record Form.References.Index.
University of Huddersfield Library Catalogue