- Wounds and injuries
- The Open University/Oxford University Press,
- Introducing health science : a case study approach
- 0199237344 (pbk.) :
- 9780199237340 (pbk.) :
people who borrowed this, also borrowed:
- Formerly CIP.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- 1. Traumatic injury in the 'human zoo'; 1.1 Introduction; 1.2 Variations in the risk of death from injury; 1.3 Disability after surviving an injury; 1.4 Traffic-related injuries in developing countries; 1.5 The economic costs of traffic accidents; 2. Initial response; 2.1 Acute life-threatening issues; 2.2 Immediate psychological effect of trauma; 3. Understanding tissues damage; 3.1 Hassan's story; 3.2 Overview of structures and their function; 3.3 Tissue structure; 3.4 Limb architecture & trauma mechanics; 4. Clinical interventions in fractures; 4.1 Severe fracture; 4.2 Greenstick fracture; 4.3 Fractured hip; 5. Tissue repair; 5.1 Introduction; 5.2 Bone; 5.3 Muscle; 5.4 Tendon repair; 5.5 Nerves; 5.6 Skin; 5.7 Blood vessels; 5.8 General repair issues; 6. Long term perspectives; 6.1 Introduction; 6.2 Falls; 6.3 Long term psychological consequences; 6.4 Conclusions
- Accompanied by DVD in pocket
University of Huddersfield Library Catalogue