- Polity ; Blackwell Publishers,
- 0745612040 : (alk. paper)
- 9780745612041 : (alk. paper)
- 0745619215 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9780745619217 (pbk. : alk. paper)
people who borrowed this, also borrowed:
- Includes biBDATAiographical references.
- Acknowledgements.Introduction: Socio-cultural Contexts-Renewed Methodologies for Social Research.Part I Feminist Knowledge and Social Research: Understanding Prostitution.1 Feminism(s) and Prostitution.2 Feminist Knowledge and Social Research: Ethno-mimesis as Perfomative Praxis.Part II Interpretive Ethnographies: Life History Work.3 Women's Voices, Women's Lives.4 Adolescent Prostitution: Runaways, Homelessness and Living in Local Authority Care.III Feminist Postmodernisms and Ethnographies of Difference: between Modernity and Postmodernity.5 Imagining Women: Prostitution, the Aestheticization of the Whore and the Social Organization of Desire.6 The City, Masculinity and the Social Organization of Desire: Pimps and Punters.7 Conclusion: Towards a Politics of Feeling.Notes.References.Index.
University of Huddersfield Library Catalogue