- Ramey, Lynn Tarte, 1964-
- Pugh, Tison.
- Middle Ages in motion pictures.
- Race in motion pictures.
- Social classes in motion pictures.
- Sex role in motion pictures
- 1403974276 (hbk.) :
- 9781403974273 (hbk.) :
people who borrowed this, also borrowed:
- Formerly CIP.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction; L.Ramey & T.Pugh - PART I: MULTICULTURAL IDENTITIES: A LOST IDEAL? - Once, Present and Future Kings: Kingdom of Heaven and the Multi-temporality of Medieval Film; A.Lindley - Chahine's Destiny: Prophetic Nostalgia and the Other Middle Ages; D.Hoffman - Reversing the Crusades: Hegmony, Orientalism and Film Language in Youssef Chahine's Saladin; J.Ganim - Samurai on Shifting Ground: Negotiating the Medieval and the Modern in Seven Samurai and Yojimbo; R.P.Schiff - PART II: BARBARISM AND THE MEDIEVAL OTHER - Vikings Through the Eyes of an Arab Ethnographer: Constructions of the Other in The 13th Warrior; L.Shutters - Mission Historical, or "[t]here were a hell of a lot of knights": Ethnicity and Alterity in Jerry Bruckheimer's King Arthur; C.Jewers - Inner-City Chivalry in Gil Junger's Black Knight: A South Central Yankee in King Leo's Court; L.Finke & M.Shichtman - Queering the Medieval Dead: History, Horror, and Masculinity in Sam Raimi's Evil Dead Trilogy; T.Pugh - PART III: ROMANTIC VALUES - In Praise of Troubadourism: Creating Community in Occupied France, 1942-1943; L.Ramey - Sexing Warrior Women in China's Martial Arts World: King Hu's A Touch of Zen; P.Lorge - The Hawk, the Wolf, and the Mouse: Gender and Other in Ladyhawke; A.J.Weisl - Chaucer's Man Show: Anachronistic Authority in Brian Helgeland's A Knight's Tale; H.Crocker - The "Other" Women of Sherwood: The Construction of Difference and Gender in Cinematic Treatments of the Robin Hood Legend; L.Stock & C.Gregory
University of Huddersfield Library Catalogue