- Homeless persons -- Great Britain -- Social conditions.
- Group identity -- Great Britain
- Homeless persons -- Services for -- Great Britain
- 1905541066 (pbk.) :
- 9781905541065 (pbk.) :
people who borrowed this, also borrowed:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 170-179) and index.
- Preface. About the Contributors. Introduction. Homelessness and identity Mike Seal. Homeless people making sense of their experiences. Identities of rough sleepers in Oxford Chantal Butchy. Homelessness and the denial of sexual identity Phillip Flynn. Love on the streets: the denial of homeless people's relationships Tony Dodson. The homeless sector making sense of homeless people's experiences. Understanding the refugee experience Jennie Geddes. Difficult people? - Unresponsive services! Working with people who are homeless and have multiple needs Pip Bevan. Contesting and working with challenging behaviour John Ames. Homelessness as a facet of our own identities. Homelessness and its impact on our personal and societal identities Mike Seal. Homeless sector culture Mick Kain & Andrew VanDoorn. Worker identities in the homeless industry Mike Seal. Conclusion. Lessons to be learnt and actions to be taken Mike Seal.
University of Huddersfield Library Catalogue