- Winter, J. M.
- Prost, Antoine, 1933-
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Historiography.
- Cambridge University Press,
- Studies in the social and cultural history of modern warfare ; 21
- 0521850835 (hbk.) :
- 9780521850834 (hbk.)
people who borrowed this, also borrowed:
- Includes index.
- Bibliography: p. 215-240.
- Preface; Introduction; 1. Three historiographical configurations; 2. Politicians and diplomats: why war and for what aims?; 3. Generals and ministers: who commanded and how?; 4. Soldiers: how did they wage war?; 5. Businessmen, industrialists and bankers: how was the economic war waged?; 6. Workers: did war prevent or provoke revolution?; 7. Civilians: how did they make war and survive it?; 8. Agents of memory: how did people live between remembrance and forgetting?; 9. The Great War in history; Bibliography; Index.
- Translated from the French.
University of Huddersfield Library Catalogue