- Henry, Alistair.
- Smith, David John, 1941-
- University of Edinburgh. Centre for Law and Society.
- Police -- Great Britain
- Police administration -- Great Britain.
- Police-community relations -- Great Britain
- The Edinburgh Centre for Law and Society series
- 0754625346 (hbk.) :
- 9780754625346 (hbk.) :
people who borrowed this, also borrowed:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Preface to the series; Preface and acknowledgements; Looking back on Police and People in London, Alistair Henry; The trajectory of 'private policing', Les Johnston; Police ethnography in the house of serious and organized crime, James Sheptycki; Policing ethnic minorities, Alistair Henry; Public order: then and now, P.A.J. Waddington; 'Reassurance policing: feeling is believing', Adam Crawford; The architecture of policing: towards a new theoretical model of the role of constraint-based compliance in policing, Richard Jones; Policing London: twenty years on, Mike Hough; Managing the police through a time of change, Peter Neyroud; The future of policing in Britain, Tim Newburn; Policing our future, Clifford Shearing; New challenges to police legitimacy, David J. Smith; Index.
University of Huddersfield Library Catalogue