- Learning disabilities -- Physical therapy
- Learning disabled -- Medical care
- Learning disabled -- Physiology.
- 0470019891 (pbk.) :
- 9780470019894 (pbk.)
- 0470319186 (e-book)
- 9780470319185 (e-book)
people who borrowed this, also borrowed:
- Previous ed.: London: Whurr, 2000.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Section 1 Learning Disability and associated problems that affect physical ability. 1. What is learning disability? An overview of world wide policy development and its influence on physical ability of people with learning disabilities. Jeanette Rennie. 2. Learning Disability, and conditions associated with learning disability. Jeanette Rennie, Mark Sterrick, Jane Neil MacLachlan. 3. Psychiatric and behavioural disorders in people with learning disabilities. Tanya Thiagarajah. 4. Orthopaedic aspects of learning disability. James E Robb. Section 2 Assessing physical ability and planning intervention. 5. The multiprofessional learning disability team. Patricia Odunmbaku Auty and Jeanette Rennie. 6. First steps in getting to know and communicating with people who have a learning disability. Sue Standing and Sue Smith. 7. Assessment. Anneliese Barrell. 8. Interpretation of assessment results as a basis for intervention and outcome measures. Anneliese Barrell. Section 3 Practical treatment and management. 9. Postural Care. Part 1. Developing a service to provide postural care at night. Part 2 Postural Care Skills Programme: Empowering Families and Carers. John and Liz Goldsmith. 10. An approach to individual treatment and management of learning disability and severe physical disability. Ann Findlay. 11. Hydrotherapy. Patricia Odunmbaku Auty. 12. Riding for Disabled People. Alys Watson. 13. Rebound Therapy. Sally Smith and Debbi Cook. 14. Group Work. Jeanette Rennie, Lucy Clark, Helen Holme. 15. Working through sport and outdoor pursuits. Angela Johnson, Jonathon Gray, Ian Silkstone. 16. Developing opportunities for health promotion and fitness improvement using standard local facilities. Jeanette Rennie, Michael Craven, Sybil Williams, Amanda Leech. 17. Complementary Therapies. Libby Davies, Jane Bruce, Maria Gunstone. Appendix I Further reading. Appendix II Useful addresses and Websites. Appendix III Acts. Index.
University of Huddersfield Library Catalogue