- Stickley, Theo.
- Basset, Thurstine.
- Mental health services -- Study and teaching.
- Allied Health Personnel -- education.
- Mental Health Services -- organization & administration.
- Education, Professional -- methods.
- Teaching -- methods.
- 0470030291 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9780470030295 (pbk. : alk. paper)
people who borrowed this, also borrowed:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- About the Editors. Contributors. Preface. 1 Setting the Scene. Theo Stickley and Thurstine Basset. Part I Learning from one another. 2 Making Waves in Nurse Education: The PINE project. Sharon Roberts, Ron Collier, Becky Shaw and Joan Cook. 3 Learning from Experience: The CAPITAL Project. Clare Ockwell. 4 The highs and lows of service user involvement. Rachel Nickeas. 5 I am the Visual Aid : A teacher who is also a service user, not a service user who used to be a teacher. Allan Foreman and Alan Pringle. 6 The evolving minds experience: Using video for positive change, education and empowerment. Melissa Gunasena. 7 Personal perspectives on mental health problems: an introduction in the medical undergraduate curriculum Jacqueline Atkinson. 8 Consumer involvement: Collaborative working in post basic mental health education. Jayne Breeze and Julie Repper. 9 The Ten Essential Shared Capabilities their development and application. Ian Baguley, Thurstine Basset and Peter Lindley. 10 Educators learning together: Linking communities of practice. Jill Anderson and Hilary Burgess. 11 Interprofessional action research: loosening bricks in the modernist's walls. William Spence. Part II Key Topics in mental health education. 12 Values based practice in teaching and learning. Bill Fulford and Kim Woodbridge. 13 Emotional intelligence in mental health education. Dawn Freshwater and Theo Stickley. 14 Teaching recovery to the Support Time and Recovery workers. Esther Cooke. 15 Towards social inclusion. Peter Bates. 16 Race Equality & Cultural Capability. Peter Ferns. 17 Psychosocial Interventions: Implementation in Practice. Lorraine Rayner, Norman Young and Madeline O'Carroll. 18 Exploring practitioners' relationships with the pharmaceutical industry. Neil Carver and Russell Ashmore. Part III A variety of approaches. 19 Revisiting Psychosis (a two day workshop). Mark Hayward, Alison Blank, Philip Houghton and Becky Shaw. 20 Developing Problem based Learning for a Pre registration Mental Health Nursing Programme. Carol Cooper and Sue Gunstone. 21 Using Problem based Learning in Mental Health Nurse Education. Paul Bickerstaffe, Ben Hannigan, Steve Wood and Norman Young. 22 Teaching and Learning Reflective Practice. Dawn Freshwater. 23 The buzzing, blooming confusion of clinical practice: Preparing mental health nurses to generate knowledge within, from and for practice. Liam MacGabhann and Chris Stevenson. 24 Enquiry Based Learning and Service User Involvement. Janet H Barker and Brenda Rush. 25 Promoting emotional development through using drama in mental health education. Yolanda Wasylko and Theo Stickley. 26 Work based Learning: a model for the future. Alan Beadsmoore and Thurstine Basset. 27 Information Technology (from the classroom to the workplace). Paul Linsley. 28 Therapy training online using the internet to widen access to training in mental health issues. Chris Blackmore, Emmy van Deurzen, Digby Tantam. 29 Teaching and Learning in the future. Theo Stickley and Thurstine Basset. Index.
University of Huddersfield Library Catalogue