- Bismarck, Otto, Frst von, 1815-1898.
- Germany -- 1848 -- 870.
- Germany -- 1871 -- 888.
- Germany -- Politics and government -- 1848-1870.
- Germany -- Politics and government -- 1871-1888.
- Germany -- Foreign relations -- Europe.
- Europe -- Foreign relations -- Germany.
- Seminar studies in history
- 0582293219 : (alk. paper)
- 9780582293212 : (alk. paper)
people who borrowed this, also borrowed:
- Previous ed.: 1986.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Part 1 The setting: the background; Bismarck. Part 2 The defeat of Austria: the constitutional conflict and the liberal opposition; the road to Koniggratz. Part 3 The North German Confederation: the creation of the North German Confederation; Bismarck, Napoleon and the southern states; the Franco-Prussian War and the Unificiation of Germany. Part 4 The Second Reich - the economic and constitutional context: the Second Reich - a hybrid state; the financial crash of 1873 and the Great Depression. Part 5 Domestic politics: the "kulturkampf" and the decline of the liberals; the conservative empire. Part 6 German foreign and colonial policy: Germany and Europe, 1871-90; the creation of the German colonial empire. Part 7 Assessment: Bismarck in myth and reality. Part 8 Documents.
University of Huddersfield Library Catalogue