- Henry VII, King of England, 1457-1509.
- Great Britain -- Kings and rulers
- Great Britain -- History -- Henry VII, 1485-1509.
- Routledge historical biographies
- 0415266211 (pbk.) :
- 9780415266215 (pbk.) :
- 0415266203 (hbk.) :
- 9780415266208 (hbk.) :
people who borrowed this, also borrowed:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 294-305) and index.
- Part 1: Introduction 1 An Overview of the Book 2 Henry VII, the Man and his Reputation Part 2: Gaining the Crown 3 Childhood, Youth and Exile 4 The Transformation of the Tudor Threat 5 Conspiracy and Rebellion, 1483 6 Henry Tudor and France 7 The Road to Confrontation 8 The Battle of Bosworth Part 3: Forging the Dynasty 9 Starting to Rule 10 The First Tudor Parliament 11 Henry in the North, 1486 12 From Irish Invasion to Yorkist Rebellion, 1487-89 Part 4: Perkin Warbeck 13 The Origins and Dangers of Warbeck 14 The Invasion of France, 1492 15 Warbeck and the Tudor Elite 16 Breaking Warbeck's English Support 17 The International Plot Thickens 18 1497: Northern War and Western Rising 19 Warbeck's Final Flourish and Failure 20 The End of Warbeck and Warwick Part 5: The Rigours of Kingship 21 Personal Losses and a Crisis of Authority, 1499-1504 22 Illness, Decline and Death Part 6: Tudor Government at Work 23 The Ideology of Tudor Royal Power 24 Finance and Taxation 25 Parliament 26 Justice and the Central Courts 27 Justice and Local Lordship Part 7: Lordship, the Crown and the regions 28 Noble Power and the rule of the Counties I: Kent II: Lancashire III: Suffolk Part 8: Royal Power and Personnel 29 Council and Councillors 30 Court and Household Part 9: The Preservation of Power 31 Anti Retaining Measures 32 Bonds and Recognisances Part 10: The King's Nation 33 Henry VII and the Church 34 London and the Crown 35 Trade, Commerce, Exploration, and the Economy Part 11: Projecting Tudor Influence 36 The Defence of England 37 Henry VII and the British Isles Part 12 Conclusion 38 Henry VII's Posthumous Reputation 39 Modern Opinions of Henry VII 40 Henry VII's Place in History
University of Huddersfield Library Catalogue