- Horner, Nigel.
- Krawczyk, Steve.
- Social work with children -- Great Britain.
- Child welfare -- Great Britain
- Educational counselling -- Great Britain.
- School social work -- Great Britain
- Transforming social work practice
- 1844450457 (pbk.) :
- 9781844450459 (pbk.) :
people who borrowed this, also borrowed:
- Includes index.
- Bibliography: p. 115-125.
- Introduction -- Schools, social work and education welfare: Historical perspectives -- The Children Act 2004: Requirements and the key principles -- The broader legal context of contemporary practice -- School's out: Making sense of disaffection, absenteeism and exclusion -- School's in: Addressing particular issues -- Related issues and practice challenges -- Education outcomes and the children looked after -- What are we going to do about it? Assessment and intervention -- What works? The evidence base for effective inclusion education strategies -- Pointers to the future? -- Appendix 1 Timeline of education and social work developments -- Appendix 2 Identifying barriers to access: A checklist -- Appendix 3 Resources and Information -- References -- Index.
University of Huddersfield Library Catalogue