- Drug addicts -- Family relationships.
- Alcoholics -- Family relationships
- Drug addiction -- Social aspects.
- 1843104032 (pbk.) :
- 9781843104032 (pbk.) :
people who borrowed this, also borrowed:
- Includes bibliography: p. 165-169 and index.
- Contents: Foreword. 1. What is the problem? 2. Family Journeys of Discovery, Adaptation and Expulsion: Cycles of Response to Drugs in the Family. 3. Distorted Roles and Strained Relationships. 4. Practitioner Responses to Mothers and Fathers, Brothers and Sisters of Problem Drug Users. 5. Parenting in the Midst of a Drug Problem. 6. Children Growing Up with Parents who have Drug Problems. 7. Stepping into the Breach: When the Extended Family Takes on the Care of Children. 8. Proliferating Problems: Exposure to Drugs and Drug Initiation. 9. Practitioner Responses to Drugs in the Home. 10. Conclusion: What Needs to Happen? A Case of Tinkering or Overhaul? References. Subject index. Author index.
University of Huddersfield Library Catalogue