- Dancygier, Barbara.
- Sweetser, Eve.
- Grammar, Comparative and general -- Conditionals.
- Cognitive grammar
- Cambridge University Press,
- Cambridge studies in linguistics
- 0521844681 (hardback)
people who borrowed this, also borrowed:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 278-288) and indexes.
- 1. Conditional constructions, mental spaces, and semantic compositionality; 2. Prediction, alternativity, and epistemic stance; 3. Tense, epistemic distance, and embedded spaces; 4. Future and present forms in conditional constructions; 5. Non-alternatives and alternatives: mental spaces in different domains; 6. Then and even if: mental space deixis and referential uniqueness; 7. Clause order and space-building: if, because, unless, and except if; 8. Uniqueness and negative stance: only if and if only; 9. Coordinate constructions and conditional meaning; 10. The Door-scraper in the Wild Wood: conditional constructions and frame-based space-building.
University of Huddersfield Library Catalogue