- Holt, Elizabeth.
- Clift, Rebecca.
- Grammar, Comparative and general -- Indirect discourse.
- Conversation analysis.
- Cambridge University Press,
- Studies in interactional sociolinguistics
people who borrowed this, also borrowed:
- Includes index.
- Bibliography: p. 270-283.
- 1. Introduction Rebecca Clift and Elizabeth Holt; 2. Interactive footing Charles Goodwin; 3. 'I'm eyeing your chop up mind': reporting and enacting Elizabeth Holt; 4. Assessing and accounting Elizabeth Couper-Kuhlen; 5. Getting there first: non-narrative reported speech in interaction Rebecca Clift; 6. Reported thought in complaint stories Markku Haakana; 7. Designing contexts for reporting tactical talk John Rae and Joanne Kerby; 8. Active voicing in court Renata Galatolo; 9. Speaking on behalf of the public in broadcast news interviews Steven E. Clayman; 10. The dead in service of the living Robin Wooffit.
University of Huddersfield Library Catalogue