- Dwivedi, Kedar Nath
- Harper, Peter Brinley, 1955-
- Children -- Mental health services -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.
- Teenagers -- Mental health services -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.
- Child psychopathology -- Prevention -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.
- Adolescent psychopathology -- Prevention -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.
- Mental health promotion -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.
- 184310153X (pbk.)
- 9781843101536 (pbk.)
- 1846420113 (e-book)
- 9781846420115 (e-book)
people who borrowed this, also borrowed:
- Includes bibliographies and index.
- Foreword. Caroline Lindsey. 1. Introduction. Kedar Dwivedi, Consultant Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist and Peter Harper, Consultant Clinical Psychologist. 2. The developmental perspective. Ezra Loh and Jillian Wragg, The Birmingham Children's Hospital NHS Trust. 3. Attachment theory and mental health. Dawn Bailham, Clinical Psychologist and Peter Harper. 4. Emotion regulation and mental health. Kedar Dwivedi. 5. Attention and mental health. Rajeev Banhatti, Consultant Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist. 6. Addiction as a mark of adulthood: The enduring fascination of drugs and alcohol among adolescents. Allan Guggenbuhl, Institute of Conflict Management and Mythodrama, Zurich. 7. Parenting. Annie Waldsax, Member of the Institute of Transactional Analysis. 8. Life skills education through schools. Judith Coley, Educational Consultant and Kedar Dwivedi. 9. Prevention of depression and anxiety in children and adolescents. Claire Hayes, National University of Ireland. 10. Prevention of eating disorders. Anne Stewart, Consultant Adolescent Psychiatrist. 11. Promotion of prosocial development and prevention of conduct disorders. Kedar Dwivedi and Sachin Sankar, Consultant Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist. 12. Prevention of mental health problems in socially excluded children and young people: a model for mental health service provision. Jane Callaghan, Research Associate, University of Leicester and Panos Vostanis, Professor of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, University of Leicester. 13. Developing culturally sensitive services to meet the mental health needs of ethnic minority families. Peter Harper and Radha Dwivedi. 14. Ethnic minority children and families and mental health: preventative approaches. Philip Messent, London Borough of Tower Hamlets. 15. The Mental Health Europe Projects and the Greek Perspective. G. Kolaitis and John Tsiantis, Department of Child Psychiatry, Athens University Medical School. References. Index.
University of Huddersfield Library Catalogue