- Ganobcsik-Williams, Lisa, 1966-
- English language -- Rhetoric -- Study and teaching -- Great Britain
- English language -- Rhetoric -- Study and teaching -- United States.
- Academic writing -- Study and teaching -- Great Britain.
- Academic writing -- Study and teaching -- United States.
- Universities into the 21st century
- 1403945357 (pbk.)
- 1403945349 (hbk.) :
people who borrowed this, also borrowed:
- Includes index.
- Bibliography: p. 212-237.
- Introduction: Responding to the Call for Academic Writing Theory and Pedagogy - PART ONE: STARTING POINTS FOR THEORY AND PEDAGOGY - New Contexts, New Challenges: The Teaching of Writing in UK Higher Education; R.Ivanic & M.R.Lea - The Point of Writing: Is Student Writing in Higher Education Developed or Merely Assessed?; R.Catt & G.Gregory - 'Academic Literacies' Research as Pedagogy: Dialogues of Participation; T.M.Lillis - PART TWO: DEVELOPING UK WRITING PROGRAMMES AND INITIATIVES - A Critical Narrative of the Evolution of a US/UK Writing Programme; A.Tomic - Exploiting the Potential of Writing for Educational Change at Queen Mary, University of London; S.Mitchell & A.Evison - Teaching Writing Within a Discipline: The Speak-Write Project; T.Young & S.Avery - Building an Academic Writing Programme from Within a Discipline; A.Ganobcsik-Williams - Engineering Writing: Replacing 'Writing Classes' with a 'Writing Imperative'; A.Ahearn - If Not Rhetoric and Composition, Then What? Teaching Teachers to Teach Writing; R.Murray - PART THREE: RESPONDING TO OTHER MODELS - Teaching Academic Writing from the 'Centre' in Australian Universities; J.Skillen - Sentimental Education: First-Year Writing as Compulsory Ritual in American Colleges And Universities; J.Heyda - Learning From - Not Duplicating - US Composition Theory and Practice; J.A.Mullin - Skills, Access, and 'Basic Writing': A Community College Case Study from the United States; M.J.Curry - Peering Across the Pond: The Role of Students in Developing Other Students' Writing in the UK and USA; B.Devet, S.Orr, M.Blythman & C.Bishop - Bibliography - Index.
University of Huddersfield Library Catalogue