- Hammond, Brean S., 1951-
- Regan, Shaun, 1970-
- English fiction -- Early modern, 1500-1700 -- History and criticism
- English fiction -- 18th century -- History and criticism
- Literature and society -- Great Britain -- History -- 17th century
- Literature and society -- Great Britain -- History -- 18th century
- 0333628543 (pbk.)
- 0333628535 (hbk.) :
people who borrowed this, also borrowed:
- Includes index.
- Bibliography: p. 254-261.
- Acknowledgements - Introduction: Modelling the Novel - Missing Parts: Fiction to Defoe - Novels and Anti-Novels: Contesting Fictions - Teaching Readers to Read: Richardson and Fielding - Renewing the Novel: Novelty, Originality, and New Directions - The Sympathetic Strain: Sterne and Sentimental Fiction - Narrating the Nation: Leisure, Luxury, and Politeness - Conclusion: Making the Novel, Reading the Novel - Bibliography - Index.
University of Huddersfield Library Catalogue