- Midwives -- Legal status, laws, etc. -- Great Britain.
- Obstetrics -- Law and legislation -- Great Britain
- 0750688173 (pbk.)
- 0702032468 (e-book)
- 9780702032462 (e-book)
people who borrowed this, also borrowed:
- Previous ed.: Oxford: Books for Midwives, 2002.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Contents Foreword Preface Acknowledgements Abbreviations Table of Cases Table of Statutes Introduction 1. The legal system Section A Professional Issues 2. Midwifery: Professional regulation 3. Midwifery supervision 4. Professional accountability and the NMC 5. The Midwives Rules and Code of Practice, the Code of Professional Conduct and The Scope of Professional Practice Section B Client Rights 6. Woman-centred care 7. Consent 8. The duty to inform 9. Letting die and euthanasia 10. Confidentiality and access to records 11. Complaints 12. Teenage Pregnancies Section C Litigation and Accountability 13. Negligence 14. Specific situations in negligence and civil court procedure 15. Record keeping, statements and report writing 16. Family planning and sterilisation 17. The status and rights of the unborn 18. Criminal liability 19. Health and safety 20. Medication Section D Management Issues 21. The structure of the NHS and the provision of hospital, community and primary care services 22. Employment law 23. The independent midwife and private maternity hospitals 24. Midwifery management Section E Statutory Provisions and Childbirth 25. Criminal law and confinements 26. Termination of pregnancy 27. Legal issues relating to fertilisation, embryology and genetics 28. Vaccine damage payments 29. Infectious diseases and the midwife Section F Specific Situations 30. Midwife teachers, clinical instructors, preceptors and mentors 31. Midwifery research 32. Child Protection 33. Mental disorder and mental incapacity 34. Complementary therapies Appendices 1. Schedule 1 to the Human Rights Act 1998 2. Congenital Disabilities (Civil Liability) Act 1976 Glossary Recommended Further Reading Websites addresses Index.
University of Huddersfield Library Catalogue