- Evidence-based medicine
- Medical literature -- Evaluation
- Medicine -- Research -- Evaluation
- 1405139765 (pbk.)
people who borrowed this, also borrowed:
- Previous ed.: London: BMJ, 2001.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- 1 Why read papers at all?2 Searching the literature3 Getting your bearings: what is this paper about?4 Assessing methodological quality5 Statistics for the non-statistician6 Papers that report drug trials7 Papers that report diagnostic or screening tests8 Papers that summarise other papers (systematic reviews and meta-analyses)9 Papers that tell you what to do (guidelines)10 Papers that tell you what things cost (economic analyses)11 Papers that go beyond numbers (qualitative research)12 Papers that report questionnaire research13 Getting evidence into practice Appendix 1 Checklists for finding, appraising and implementing evidenceAppendix 2 Assessing the effects of an intervention Index.
University of Huddersfield Library Catalogue