- Communication, International
- Communication -- International cooperation
people who borrowed this, also borrowed:
- Previous ed.: Boston, Mass.: Allyn & Bacon, 2002.
- Includes index.
- Bibliography: p. 333-339.
- Preface -- List of Abbreviations -- 1. Global Communication, Introduction, Global War on Terrorism and 9/11, Latin American Media, China: The Growing Impact of the Media, The New World Information and Communication Order (NWICO) Electronic Colonialism Theory (ECT) What is Electronic Colonialism Theory?, World-System Theory (WST) The Connection: Electronic Colonialism and World-System Theories, Communication Forces Among Nations, Format for the Balance of the Book -- 2. Development Research Traditions and Global Communication, Introduction, Development Journalism/Communication, The Economic Growth Model, The Research Traditions, Western Research Failings, New Departures, Postscript -- 3. American Multimedia Giants, Introduction, Time Warner, Disney, Viacom, New Corporation, General Electric, Dow Jones & Company, Gannett Company, Wal-Mart, Conclusions -- 4. Non-US Stakeholders of Global Communications Systems, Introduction, Cultural Imperialism, The United States of Europe (USE) Other Foreign-Based Multimedia Corporations, Bollywood: India's Film Industry, Conclusions -- 5. Global Issues, Music, and MTV, Introduction, Global Television, The International Music Industry, MTV: The Dominant Global Music Connection, Conclusions -- 6. CNN International: Role, Impact, and Global Competitors, Introduction, CNN, British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) Deutsche Welle, Euronews, Channel News Asia (CAN) US Department of State and IBB, Voice of America (VOA) Worldnet Television and Film Service, Office of Cuba Broadcasting, Conclusions -- 7. The Roles of Global News Agencies, Introduction, Reuters, The Associated Press, United Press International, Agence France Presse, Bloomberg, Dow Jones & Company, Xinhua, Inter Press Services, Conclusions -- 8. Media in the Middle East and North Africa, by Ralph Berenger, Introduction, The Nature of Arab News, Transnational Newspaper Publishing, Transnational Broadcasting, Advertising and Public Relations, Conclusions -- 9. The Role of Global Advertising, Introduction, Omnicom Group Inc., WPP Group, Interpublic Group of Companies Inc., Dentsu Inc., Publicis Group, Havas Advertising -- Conclusions.
University of Huddersfield Library Catalogue