- English fiction -- Women authors -- History and criticism
- English fiction -- 19th century -- History and criticism
- English fiction -- 20th century -- History and criticism
- Princeton University Press,
people who borrowed this, also borrowed:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction: Twenty Years On: A Literature of Their Own Revisited I The Female Tradition; II The Feminine Novelists and the Will to Write; III The Double Critical Standard and the Feminine Novel; IV Feminine Heroines: Charlotte Bronte and George Eliot; V Feminine Heroes: The Woman's Man; VI Subverting the Feminine Novel: Sensationalism and Feminine Protest; VII The Feminist Novelists; VIII Women Writers and the Suffrage Movement; IX The Female Aesthetic; X Virginia Woolf and the Flight into Androgyny; XI Beyond the Female Aesthetic: Contemporary Women Novelists; XII Laughing Medusa. Index
- Previous ed.: 1982.
University of Huddersfield Library Catalogue