- Catholic Church -- History -- England.
- Catholic Church -- History -- 16th century -- England.
- Catholics -- 16th century.
- Church history -- Middle Ages, 600-1500.
- England -- 1066-1485
- England -- Church history -- 1066-1485.
- England -- Church history -- 1485-.
- England -- Church history -- 16th century
- Seminar studies in history
- 0582289890 (pbk.)
people who borrowed this, also borrowed:
- Previous ed.: 1989.
- Includes index.
- Text on inside covers.
- Part 1 The background: the western Church in the later Middle Ages. Part 2 Analysis: the English Church, the crown and the Papacy - royal power, papal authority and influence; the English bishops; the religious orders; the parish clergy; the church courts and the English people - the business of the courts, the effectiveness of the courts; religious belief and practice - the Mass and the Christian community, piety and charity, lay initiative and the problem of anti-clericalism, the Lollard challenge, the implications of literacy, a plurality of religious forms. Part 3 Assessment: the popularity and diversity of late medieval religion. Part 4 Documents.
University of Huddersfield Library Catalogue